Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Are you looking for a meaningful career with a purpose to helping others?
Sensity is a registered charity that provides services across the province to members of the deafblind community. We are committed to enhancing the lives of people who are deafblind (our consumers) through support, services, awareness, recognition and Intervenor Services. As a Registered Practical Nurse within our organization, you would share in our commitment to our consumers, working with a team of dedicated professionals and support the needs of individuals who are deafblind and their families.
The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for providing on-going health care services including consultation and education to consumers and their teams. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Practical Nurse shall assist in planning, coordinating and monitoring the health care needs of consumers supported by Sensity.
The Registered Practical Nurse may perform a wide variety of tasks while on shift, including but not limited to: Reviewing, developing and maintaining medication protocols and care plans for consumers; Providing direct and indirect nursing care to individuals in accordance with the College of Nurses' standards of nursing practice; Designing and conducting training in the areas of universal health precautions, infection prevention and control, medication administration and all other related trainings as deemed required by Sensity;Providing on-going communication and information to consumers and be comfortable working 1:1 with individuals who are Deafblind in their home and community environments; Maintaining documentation about consumers' health and preventative health (vaccines, G-tube changes etc.).
Education and Related Experience
- College Diploma (or equivalent) in Nursing; Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working in a similar nursing role;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working with individuals with a development disability;
- Working knowledge of Regulated Health Professionals Act;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong client service orientation. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Solid time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressure and demands.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with Ostomy care, G-tube feeding, MC-Key replacement
- Employment as an Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance
- Proof of current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with no restrictions on practice
- This position requires a valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle, a clean current drivers abstract and the ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of two million dollars.
- A competitive wage and benefit plan including a health spending account
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
If you are interested in the Registered Practical Nurse (Full Time) role with us in Kingston apply with your resume and cover letter.
Please quote job KRPN111120 in your cover letter when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.