COVID-19 Contact and Case Management (RN)
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Health Nurse (RN) in our Population & Public Health Program.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
Build on your career experience by:
- Providing nursing services in person or by telephone related to the assessment of individuals presenting with or at risk for COVID-19
- Communicating test results to COVID-19 infected and non-infected individuals and providing health information, counselling and referrals related to communicable diseases, immunizations and disease prevention and control.
- Carries out contact tracing duties and case management and provides information and guidance to interrupt ongoing transmission and reduce the spread.
- Assists with major communicable disease outbreak investigations by monitoring active cases, conducting surveillance follow-ups, administering immunizations, monitoring laboratory reports for new cases; providing information about the disease process and prevention measures to physician and the public.
Your background includes:
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing including public health nursing component.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Broad knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures.
- Broad knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices and the determinants of health.
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols.
- Ability to successfully complete the Provincial Immunization Certification
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to critically read and utilize current health research in evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to identify community resources appropriate to client/family/community needs.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system and Windows applications.
- Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
This is a temporary position. It will be primarily located in the Central City Tower in Surrey, BC but this position may require travel and/or work at multiple sites in support of the regional health authorities’ COVID-19 response. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Posting Date 21-Aug-2020
Closing Date Open until filled
Employment Type Temp Full Time
Rate $35.53 - $46.65 / hour
Hours of Work
Program/Service Public Health
More search results
Opportunities & Incentives for Registered Nurses
Registered Nurse, CCU, ICU, Cardiac Stepdown, Hig…
Fraser Health Inc.
Registered Nurse, Emergency - Specialty Qualified…
Fraser Health Inc.
RN Permanent Part Time Emergency or In Patient Un…
St. Francis Memorial Hospital