Emergency Psychiatric Liaison Nurse (EPLN) - ARHCC
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for an Emergency Psychiatric Liaison Nurse in our Mental Health & Substance Use Emergency Department.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Build on your career experience by:
- Performing intake assessment, crisis intervention, and direct patient care to Psychiatric patients in the Emergency Department
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the inter-professional care team in the provision of person-centered and recovery oriented care
- Providing general and crisis counselling to patients and their families, in accordance with approved treatment plans.
- Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers in developing the care plan and encourages family participation in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the care plan.
- Liaising with community resources to support patients and their families
- Participating in quality improvement activities and research
- Communicating and consulting with Emergency Department staff and other allied health department providers to assist in adapting care plans to address psychiatric needs.
Your background includes:
- Graduated from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Recent one (1) year related experience in an acute or community Mental Health & Substance Use setting
This role is a relief full-time position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Care Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually. Abbotsford is a flourishing community with breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role.
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Posting Date 6-Jul-2020
Closing Date Open until filled
Employment Type Relief Full Time
Rate $35.53 - $46.65 / hour
Hours of Work 0730-1930 ; 1930-0730
Program/Service Mental Health and Substance Use Services
More search results
Dean of the Faculty of Nursing
Nursing Opportunities for Registered Nurse(s) / R…
Saskatchewan Health Authority (former: Prairie North)
Community Health Nurse, Resource Team
First Nations Health Authority
Registered Nurses, Emergency Services
Nursing Practice Educator
Cape Breton University