Located in the Oakridge area of Vancouver, B.C., Louis Brier Home and Hospital is an “Exemplary Status” accredited long-term care facility situated next to the Weinberg Residence (Assisted Living Suites and Multi-Level Care, both Private Pay). Our Mission is to provide exemplary resident and family-centered care for seniors through innovation, education, research, partnerships and collaboration through the contributions of staff, volunteers, funding partners and donors with a focus on quality and safety, all guided by Jewish heritage. Our vision is to be a center of excellence for elders providing innovative and outstanding care consistent with Jewish values and traditions. We live by our Values - CHAI (Hebrew word for LIFE): Caring, Health, Safety and Wellness, Accountability, and Integrity. Resident and employee safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at LBHH/WR, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Executive Director and under general direction of Nursing Leader, you will be responsible for providing nursing care for clients within a residential care facility.
New Graduates Welcomed!
Duties will include:
· Evaluating residents' care needs by assessing residents on admission;
· Developing appropriate nursing care plans in conjunction with Interdisciplinary Team;
· Carrying out orders specified in the care plan and administering direct nursing care;
· Receiving physicians' orders and arranging for treatments, medications and other therapeutic services;
· Dispensing medications to residents;
· Maintaining unit records and residents' charts;
· Guiding clinical experience of assigned nursing staff and students; and,
· Providing input into the development of resident care policies and procedures
Requirements for the position include:
· Graduation from an approved School of Nursing and one year’s recent related experience supplemented by current registration with the BCCNP
· Standard First Aide and CPR-HCP required
· Long Term Care / Gerontology training and/or experience is an asset
Job Type: Regular Full-time, Regular Part-time, Casual