Clinicial Care Manager, Maternity & Secure Medical Unit
Clinical Care Manager, Maternity & Secure Medical Unit – Yukon Hospital Corporation
(Management/Excluded Group, Group 1)
Regular Full Time Position – 75 hours biweekly
This position has a yearly salary range of $92,639.00 to $115,798.00
Reporting to the Director, Patient Care and Experience, Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent has the responsibility, authority and accountability for the clinical, financial and personnel management of the Maternity and Secure Medical Units on a 24 hour basis.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Good knowledge of management methods, techniques and solid management skills including ability to develop and manage a budget and human resources;
- Knowledge of established practice and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care;
- Knowledge of other Health care disciplines and their role in patient care;
- Knowledge of conflict resolutions skills and techniques;
- Ability to be effective in planning, implementing and evaluating change;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Strong computer skills/proficiency;
- Strong human resource and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize, coach, mentor and evaluate staff in varied roles
- Ability to set priorities and to show good judgment;
- Self-motivated and willingness towards continued learning;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have a regulated health professional diploma/university degree in nursing or another clinical practice. Required to be registered or hold license with regulating body such as YRNA or other and Current CPR.
Current Management experience, additional education in nursing management, financial management, staff development, Advanced Cardiac Lift Support (ACLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Experience in Mental Health nursing, Post graduate certification in specialty areas, Masters in Nursing or Leadership and Meditech experience are desired.
Quoting competition # 2019-421, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
Posting Date: Open Until Filled