Do you like leading and initiating change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Are you a creative team player who thrives on collaborating with others? If yes, the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) wants to hear from you!
CNA is the national professional voice of approximately 140,000 nurses in Canada. CNA advances the practice and profession of nursing by collaborating with health industry leaders and stakeholders to improve health outcomes and strengthen Canada’s publicly funded, not-for-profit health system.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Integrity and Commitment. We are seeking an individual who is an innovative thinker and will have demonstrated experience in handling challenging issues in a diverse, transformational and dynamic work environment.
Position: Nursing Student – Full-time contract (4 months)
The nursing student works as a research assistant and writer and supports CNA in the development of program policies and implementing initiatives. Assignments support the advancement of CNA’s vision, mission and goals.
• Researching and monitoring trends and developments in nursing practice, research, education and leadership through literature reviews and internet searches
• Drafting documents, including key concepts for position statements, in support of the association’s policy priorities
• Researching and drafting correspondence and memoranda
• Participating in CNA meetings and activities
• Contributing to intra-agency work groups for projects on key issues in support of CNA’s goals
• Completion of year two (2) in a BScN degree or completion of year one (1) in a nursing program (college diploma)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience with computers and current software
• Ability to establish and maintain good work relationships
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Membership in the Canadian Nursing Students’ Association
For confidential consideration, please forward your application by March 27, 2019 to:
Canadian Nurses Association
c/o Human Resources
Ottawa, ON K2P 1E2
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.