Registered Nurse, Obstetric
- Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
- Yellowknife, NT
- Salary range is $87,263 - $104,208 per annum.
- Job Category
- Job Type
Registered Nurse, Obstetric (Job ID#: 16711)
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services – Stanton Territorial Hospital
Located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories the Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is a 100-bed tertiary facility serving the 44,700 citizens of the Northwest Territories along with close to 6,000 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Our team of medical professionals has a wide scope of practice, impressive training opportunities and great potential for career advancement.
Many of the rooms have fantastic views as the hospital is situated on the rocky shore of Frame Lake steps away from the new $350 million state of the art facility scheduled to be opened to the public in May 2019. For more information about the new facility and to track the progress please visit www.stantonrenewal.ca.
Located within Stanton and reporting directly to the Manager, Surgical & Maternal Child Services, the Registered Nurse (RN) - Obstetrics is one of 14 RNs providing care for low to high-risk clients of the 13 bed Obstetrical Unit. (The Labour & Delivery Section of the unit consists of an additional four beds for the birthing process). The Obstetrical Unit averages 600 births per year and on any given day there is an average of 5 clients in the unit. The RN, Obstetrics, must have completed specialized training in order to provide Labor and Delivery (L&D) support to mothers during the birthing process.
Specific job and educational requirements are outlined in the job description.
The salary range for this position is from $44.75 per hour to $53.44 per hour (approximately $87,263 - $104,208.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450. A comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave and even winter bonus days!
- Employee Friendly Scheduling - The hospital is moving towards a 2-day /2-night /6-days off schedule where it is operationally feasible for our nursing staff.
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - Base salaries start at approximately $85,000 plus the additional allowances. Employees contribute to the defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance of $3,450 in Yellowknife, there are additional allowances paid out for uniforms and laundry, education, and specialized training.
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to Yellowknife.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled Apply online: gnwtjobs.ca