Registered Nurse, Site Coordinator (5426073)
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Program Leader practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as well as within a patient/client/resident and family centered care model.
The Program Leader is responsible for the provision of excellence in the delivery of a patient/client/ resident and family centered approach to care within a designated program/clinical area(s). Administers, oversees and coordinates the delivery of health services for direct patient/client/resident care in accordance with the established mission and goals of Northern Health. Provides leadership and supervision to staff, coordinates resources, determines workforce plans, establishes work assignments, and monitors activities in order to enable the delivery of quality patient/client/resident care, effective utilization of resources, and overall effectiveness for the designated program/clinical area(s). Makes selection decisions in hiring new staff, conducts performance reviews, and determines training, orientation and development needs. Facilitates solutions to work problems and issues. Provides direct patient care as required
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Advanced preparation in the designated clinical specialty area(s), three year’s recent related experience in a management/leadership position, and four years recent clinical experience in designated clinical specialty area(s); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
- Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, supervising responsibilities of others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
- Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Innovation: Demonstrated ability to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursue ongoing system improvement; and evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity: Able to deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Ability to operate related equipment including proven ability to utilize computer technology.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
More search results
Registered Nurse, Maternity
Northern Health Authority - 296209
Full Time Emergency Department Nurse Manager
North Shore Health Network
Chief Nursing Executive
North Shore Health Network
Registered Nurse - Continuing Care
Alberta Health Services
Nurse Practitioner – District Stroke Program