As a member of the Medicine Program team, you will have an opportunity to participate in providing care on any of the related program units.
Nurse Practitioners (NP’s) are Advanced Practice Nurses who have achieved additional education and competencies required for NP licensure in Alberta. The NP uses an evidence-informed, holistic approach that emphasizes the nursing professions values, knowledge, theories and practice (CARNA, 2005).The NP role requires greater breadth, depth and complexity of application of nursing knowledge, skills, attitudes and judgment, and the performance of additional activities beyond registered nursing practice (CARNA, 2005). In their practice, the NP role includes, but is not limited to, diagnosing and managing common and complex health conditions; promoting health and preventing illness/injury; ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests; prescribing pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and other therapies; and performing procedures, interventions and/or treatments. The standards and values of the nursing profession provide the foundation for the NP role (CNA, 2010). The NP performs restricted activities and provides care within their scope of practice and defined by Schedule 24 of the Health Profession Act, the Registered Nurses Profession Regulations, and the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). The nursing activities performed are determined by legislation, standards of care outlines by CARNA, Covenant Health policy, educational preparation, practice setting, patient need, and competency of the NP.
- Classification: Nurse Practitioner
- Union: COV OUT OF SCOPE
- Department: Medicine Program MCH
- Primary Location: Misericordia Community Hosp
- Number of Openins: 3
- Employee Class: Regular Full Time (1), Temprary Full Time (2)
- Temporary End Date: 13 Sep, 2020; 31 Jan, 2020
- Date Available: 28-OCT-2019
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 4
- Shifts per cycle: 20
- Shift Pattern: Days
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Salary: Covenant Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vehicle Requirement: N/A
- Master of Nursing Program (including thesis or capping project) with an advanced practice component required.
- Current registration on the Canadian Association of Registered Nurses Extended Practice Roster required, as an Adult practitioner.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required. Minimum of five (5) years related clinical experience required.
- Knowledge and skills in history and physical examination, communication, pathophysiology and therapeutics with geriatric and medical patients required.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills; leadership abilities, teaching, conflict resolution and organization skills required.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable working directly with patients and their family members.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to function independently.
- Excel at working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Work well under pressure and stressful situations.
- Application and knowledge of current research.
- Ongoing interest in research.
- Experience in a wide range of assessment, treatment and therapeutic interventions, health promotion, diagnostic procedures, and follow-up care in the community considered an asset.
- Must understand and practice within full scope of their knowledge in an interdisciplinary team environment.
More search results
Registered Nurse, CCU, ICU, Cardiac Stepdown, Hig…
Fraser Health Inc.
RN/RPN, Substance Use Services (Supervised Consum…
Fraser Health Inc.
Groupe Santé Axio
BCRTC Manager, Occupational Health
Registered Nurse – Chronic Dialysis
New Directions Staffing