Specialty Nursing Mission: We provide innovative education through leadership, scholarship, and collaboration, to advance excellence in Specialty Nursing practice in the global healthcare environment.
BCIT’s School of Health Sciences is seeking a temporary, full-time Faculty to join our Critical Care Nursing team in the Bachelor of Science, Specialty Nursing program.
We provide innovative education through leadership, scholarship, and collaboration, to advance excellence in Specialty Nursing practice in the global healthcare environment. We aspire to be integral to improved health outcomes for all people requiring specialized nursing care: provincially, nationally and globally. We invite you to join our creative and committed team of educators who are grounded in participatory and learner-centered practice, education and research.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Five years recent clinical experience in Critical Care Nursing; some tertiary care experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred (one degree must be in Nursing).
- Experience in nursing education.
- Advanced Specialty Nursing Certificate or CNA Certification preferred.
- Must possess a participatory, learner-centered philosophy.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Current CRNBC practicing license.
- Computer literacy required, and educational technology preferred.
- Ability to travel.