An opportunity for rewarding work that is rich in Indigenous culture and to live in a community nestled among scenic mountain vistas and waterways.
The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council is seeking a permanent, full-time Manager of Nursing Services to provide leadership in all aspects of the Nursing Services Department. Based out of Port Alberni, this position has a unique opportunity of applying Indigenous and mainstream approaches with the innovative Nuu-chah-nulth nursing framework.
- To manage delivery and allocation of available resources to most effectively respond to the nursing service needs (including home care, communicable disease control, and maternal child health) of Nuu-chah-nulth communities and members
- To ensure that terms of contracts, including service delivery, reporting and evaluation are completed in a timely manner
- Review and monitor program financial and statistical reports, and provide analysis of trends and effectiveness of service delivery
- As part of the NTC Health Department, supports a collaborative approach to service delivery with both the Child & Youth Services and Mental Health teams.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, plus current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) is required
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in managing nursing services or equivalent experience in health/public health within a First Nations environment
- Experience in including contract administration, supervision and coaching staff
- Experience with successful proposal writing and negotiation with funding organizations
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Being of First Nations ancestry or having an understanding of First Nations culturally safe nursing care, health services challenges, and opportunities will be considered an asset
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
- Be willing to adhere to the NTC Communicable Disease Prevention Plan
- Able to provide an acceptable criminal record check.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience: salary range $95,000 - $115,000 annually.
Apply by 1 pm, February 15, 2024 by sending your cover letter, resume, and three references (available to call) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
More search results
Mayne Island Health Centre Assocation
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Advanced Practice Nurs…
North York General Hospital
Registered Nurse | Rural General
Interior Health - 338528
COLLEGE OF NURSING RADY FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE…
COLLEGE OF NURSING RADY FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Clinical Product Specialist