Diverse and open with spectacular views! Kamloops, in the heart of Southern British Columbia, lies in a spectacular natural setting of river valleys, semi-arid grasslands, pine and fir forests, lakes, and mountain peaks. It is also the traditional territory of the Secwépemc people. Friendly and welcoming, Kamloops offers a safe and supportive environment, affordability, four seasons of outdoor adventures, a wide range of sporting events and a rich cultural scene. The city is a convenient 3.5-hour drive or 45-minute flight from Vancouver.
TRU gives students the advantage of small class sizes, the availability of undergraduate research and a centrally located campus. More than 26,000 students' study at TRU either on campus or online. They consist of 10 per cent Indigenous students and more than 30 per cent international students from around the globe. TRU and the School of Nursing value equity, diversity, and inclusivity and are committed to the enactment of the national Truth and Reconciliation Commission calls to action. We are at an exciting stage of growth with a new Nursing and Population Health building that includes state of the art simulation labs. The School of Nursing offers BScN, MN, PN (Williams Lake only), and HCA programs, with the inaugural intake for the MN-NP program this past spring 2023.
TRU SON is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor, NP for a tripartite position beginning January 1, 2024 (or as determined by mutual agreement).
• PhD or other doctorate; consideration may be given to doctoral candidates who will complete their degree by the appointment date or shortly thereafter;
• Master's Nurse Practitioner degree;
• Holds a minimum of one (1) degree in nursing;
• Five (5) years of full-time or equivalent hours of nursing experience;
• Evidence of continuous learning in your area of nursing;
• Experience teaching theory and clinical practice;
• An understanding of, and experience in, the Canadian healthcare system; and
• Current NP registration in a Canadian jurisdiction in good standing without limits or conditions, and/or eligibility for registration with BCCNM
According to TRUFA Salary Schedule
Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> School of Nursing -> Master of Nursing - Nurse Practitioner
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about Thompson Rivers University or living in Kamloops or Williams Lake please visit our Careers website. External Candidates invited to interview will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview.