Director of Care
- Andrews of Summerside
- Summerside, PE
- to be negotiated
- Job Category
- Job Type
DIRECTOR OF CARE
Andrews of Summerside is a premium dual care facility for seniors. We provide comfortable accommodations and quality assisted living options while fostering independence.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Director of Care to join our team. The position requires a professional Director of Care that is experienced in person centered care, personable, patient and demonstrates strong leadership skills.
The Director of Care must have a passion for the business, solid operational experience and a desire to make a difference by helping colleagues to develop their skills, build accountability, drive results and provide a positive care experience.
· Lead and direct all staff responsible for all care services that are provided to residents.
· Plan, organize and direct the daily operations of all resident care ensuring that a high standard of resident focused care for the residents is maintained.
· Collaborate with residents, families, social workers, healthcare providers, our house physician, and team members developing personalized care plans.
· Recognize that learning and development of your team will ensure they continue to provide exemplary care services to our residents.
· Empowers staff, ensures guidelines are in place to foster independence and accountability.
· Participates in regular leadership team meetings with members of the Leadership Team for the purpose of sharing communications and coordinated planning of care and service strategies.
· Work closely with HR/Operations and care leaders when dealing with disciplinary matters or employee performance.
Operations & Procedures
· Oversee all aspects of the nursing department, as well as the overall operation, including dietary, housekeeping, and activity departments.
· Provide administrative and clinical leadership to the nursing staff including Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Resident Care Workers, and Caregivers.
· Oversee and coordinate the delivery of services to our residents.
· Staffing functions at the facility; hiring, performance coaching, employee evaluations
· Perform nurse interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressings, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection, as needed.
· Thoroughly assess the medical history and care requirements for potential new residents in order to determine the best support for all involved. Develop care plans and family care conferences.
· Promote healthy living including physical and mental activity, health eating and resident engagement.
· Participate in policy development, while ensuring compliance with provincial and federal regulations as well as standard operating procedures and policies.
· Aligns personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards
· Proactively collaborates to exceed service expectations
· Leads knowing how service impacts the resident experience
· Responsibility to the resident and community – superior client service
· Commitment to lifelong learning and improvement
Taking Initiative/Results Driven
· Sets desired direction to the team
· Being action focused, getting things done
· Manages initiatives, leads process improvements
Problem Solving/Decision Making
· Establishes effective work processes, measures and KPI
· Quickly and practically solves problems
· Creates awareness, identifies issues, problems, opportunities
· Understands the impact of decisions on the organization and the environment
· Sets direction and develops compelling plans that are lived daily
· Supports the initiatives for the future by thinking outside the box
· Develops excitement around the vision, get teams engaged
· Promotes organizational development and continuous improvement
· Communicates clear change goals and updates progress regularly
· Seeks opportunities to improve existing routines or processes
· Champion for change by demonstrating a positive attitude to change
· Builds and maintains relationships with internal/external stakeholders
· Delivers messages effectively using persuasive influencing skills
· Fosters positive working relationships, demonstrates active listening
· Knowledge of liability and compliance regulation, the ability to build strategies to
· Application of techniques that continually improve the quality of services, client safety, organizational performance, and the financial health of the organization.
· An understanding of how technology can be used to promote managerial and operational efficiency. The ability to effectively manage information resources and plan for future needs.
· Currently a Registered Nurse with the Association of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island or any other province across Canada.
· Minimum 2 years experience nursing in long term care environment.
· Certification in Gerontological Nursing would be considered an asset.
· The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with residents and their families in a pleasant manner at all times.
· Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and provide excellent and informed resident care.
· Self motivated, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title of this position in the subject line
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Andrews of Summerside is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.