Uchucklesaht Tribe Government
Position: Community Health Nurse (CHN)
Location: Port Alberni, B.C.
The Human Services Department currently has an opportunity for a full-time Community Health Nurse (CHN) to become part of a growing team to develop and implement services and programs that make a difference in the health and wellness of the children, families and individuals who are members of the Uchucklesaht Tribe.
This position provides opportunities to:
- Work in partnership with the community to provide comprehensive health care services based on the Tribes Wellness Plan.
- Manage and deliver public health, primary care and home care programs and services in a culturally safe, relational and trauma informed practice.
- Deliver health education, promotion and preventative services.
- Support and assist individuals and families in addressing health issues and enhancing
- Liaise with and create community partnerships with other health care providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- 3 years’ experience in advanced nursing assessment skills with special emphasis on community health care. Experience working in a First Nations community or equivalent organization is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Current CPR C certification.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain a copy of the complete job description by contacting Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com
A copy of the position job description is available at https://www.uchucklesaht.ca
Uchucklesaht Tribe Government offers competitive wage and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday July 24, 2019 to:
Attention: Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant
In person/by mail: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, B.C. V9Y 1V1
Emailed to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca (MS Word or PDF documents)
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted.