Registered Nurse - Rural Health - Strait Richmond Hospital
Join our healthcare team on Beautiful Cape Breton Island. Strait Richmond Hospital is located in the small town of Evanston, Nova Scotia. Evanston is located just west of Port Hawkesbury on the Northshore of the Strait of Canso, positioned minutes from the Canso Causeway.
Strait Richmond Hospital is a 20 bed facility, 15 acute medicine and 5 restorative care beds with a 24-hour emergency department.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Successful Candidates may be eligible for a $10,000 lump sum payment upon signing, subject to a two (2) year Return of Service agreement with the General Medical Unit/Emergency Department at the Strait Richmond Hospital located in Evanston, NS. Candidates may also be eligible for a relocation allowance of up to $2500 if relocating from within Nova Scotia and up to $5000 if relocating from outside Nova Scotia, for approved expenses with original receipts provided. Eligibility criteria are determined by Incentive Policy.
If you have questions regarding this posting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Registered or eligible for licensure with the Nova Scotia College of Nurses (NSCN)
- Required or must obtain within 1- 2 years of hire (depending on course availability and operational requirements) :
- CTAS (Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale)
- EPICC – Foundations (Emergency Practice, Interventions and Care – Canada)
- BLS-C (Basic Life Support – C)
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support); EPICC – Pediatrics (Emergency Practice, Interventions and Care – Canada) or ENPC (Emergency Nurses Pediatric Course)
- Trauma course – EPICC - Trauma (Emergency Practice, Interventions and Care – Canada); Rural Trauma Program or TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course)
- Previous acute care experience an asset
- Emergency Nursing Program or Critical Care Nursing Program an asset
- ENC© Certification an asset
Where there are no applicants who meet the above qualification, consideration may be given to applicants who agree to complete further training within two years’ of hire date
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact positively with patients/residents, families, other health care provide and staff while demonstrating sensitivity, empathy and warmth
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision-making skills in crisis situations and be accountable for decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Basic computer skills
- Physical and mental capabilities to perform duties of the position
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
$34.3461- $40.4660 hourly
$41.8822 with 25 years RN experience
To apply to the current opportunities located at Strait Richmond Hospital please use the following links to apply directly.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/