Registered Nurse- Obstetric (Labour & Delivery)
- Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority - Stanton Territorial Hospital
- Yellowknife, NT
- Salary range is $90,714 - $108,362 per annum
- Job Category
- Job Type
Located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories the Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is a 100-bed tertiary facility serving the 44,700 citizens of the Northwest Territories along with close to 6,000 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Our team of medical professionals has a wide scope of practice, impressive training opportunities and great potential for career advancement.
Located within Stanton and reporting directly to the Manager, Surgical & Maternal Child Services, the Registered Nurse (RN) - Obstetrics is one of 14 RNs providing care for low to high-risk clients of the 13 bed Obstetrical Unit. (The Labour & Delivery Section of the unit consists of an additional four beds for the birthing process). The Obstetrical Unit averages 600 births per year and on any given day there is an average of 5 clients in the unit. The RN, Obstetrics, must have completed specialized training in order to provide Labor and Delivery (L&D) support to m others during the birthing process. The RNs work in one of the following three areas.
1. Labour & Delivery section (considered a critical care area),
2. Nursery (considered a critical care area)
3. Antenatal and postnatal combined care.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Nursing Diploma/Degree with a Perinatal Nursing Certificate and Stanton training program or a
Nursing Diploma/Degree with at least one year recent experience within an Obstetrical Unit.
The salary range for this position is from $46.52 per hour to $55.57 per hour (approximately $90,714 - $108,362.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,700. A comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave and even winter bonus days!
- Employee Friendly Scheduling - The hospital is moving towards a 2-day /2-night /6-days off schedule where it is operationally feasible for our nursing staff.
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - Base salaries start at approximately $90,000 plus the additional allowances. Employees contribute to the defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance of $3,700 in Yellowknife, there are additional allowances paid out for uniforms and laundry, education, and specialized training.
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to Yellowknife.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled Apply online: gnwtjobs.ca
More search results
Clinical Informatics Analyst - Information System…
Yukon Hospital Corporation - Whitehorse General Hospital
RFP: Nurse Education Consultant
Director of Care
Andrews of Summerside
Manager, Registration and Patient Flow
Bruyere Continuing Care
Canada Research Chair
Thompson Rivers University - 296089