Assistant Professor, BSN Program
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Chilliwack, BC, Canada
- Faculty Salary Scale, Collective Agreement
- Posting #2019.163
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
The School of Health Studies, located in Chilliwack, British Columbia, invites applications from qualified individuals for one (1) full-time (100%), permanent faculty position in the BSN program. Classroom and laboratory teaching occurs on the Chilliwack campus of UFV. Hospitals, institutions and health care agencies in Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack and Mission provide the primary sites for student clinical experiences. We seek applicants who are committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching in a student-centered environment and have an interest in scholarly and research activities that contribute to evidence informed curriculum and an innovative and positive teaching and learning environment. Simulation learning, inter-disciplinary initiatives, and aboriginal health are ongoing priorities for curriculum integration and development. Participation on departmental and institutional committees, service contributions, and ongoing professional development is an expectation.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Practicing licensure as a registered nurse with BCCNP.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and a Master’s degree in Nursing or related field (current enrolment in a Master’s Program will be considered). Doctoral preparation preferred.
- Strong, current clinical practice foundation in public health and maternity nursing.
- Highly developed communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Previous successful experience with classroom and/or clinical teaching in a BSN program.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Experience in curriculum development and community service are assets.
- Evidence of nursing scholarship and interest in future opportunities for scholarship.
**For the complete version of the posting, including how to apply, please visit: https://ufv.ca/careers/job-postings/2019163.htm