Care Services Manager
- Bethany Care Society
- Sundre Seniors' Supportive Living Facility
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
Bethany Care Society (Bethany) is one of Western Canada’s largest faith-based, not-for-profit providers of care, housing, and community services for seniors and adults with disabilities. For 77 years, Bethany has provided high-quality, person-centred care focused on the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of our residents and tenants. We create caring communities to help Albertans age well.
Bethany has consecutively won Alberta Top Employer for 15 years for the programs we invest in for our employees. We offer top-up for maternal leaves, generous vacation and leave time, competitive salaries, benefits, and retirement savings programs. We are committed to employee well-being and giving back to our community. We invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
For more information, check out this video about Working at Bethany.
About the Role:
At Bethany, a career as a Care Services Manager is both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. The role supports employees involved in the direct care of residents. It is a direct expression of Bethany’s values “We Care”, “We Show Respect” and “We are Responsible” and ensures these values are carried through in our daily interactions with our residents, families, volunteers, neighbours and coworkers. As a key member of our leadership team, you will model these values and equip others to deliver compassionate care that nurtures the physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing of others in a setting that celebrates aging and diversity.
What You Will Do:
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Care Services Manager is responsible for the management, participation and co-ordination of Care Services for residents in an assigned area. The Care Services Manager directs and supervises staff engaged in the provision of care and ensures the delivery of clinical excellence that supports Bethany Care Society’s mission of “Creating Caring Communities.”
Individual responsibilities will fall under eight main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care– ensures that an atmosphere of resident-focused care in achieved and maintained.
- Interdisciplinary Services –coordinates the provision of interdisciplinary services to the residents in a defined area.
- Performance Management –ensures the efficient operations and ongoing performance management of the interdisciplinary team.
- Leadership –Models Bethany Care Society’s vision and values, and lives out the mission of “Creating Caring Communities” by providing leadership to champion Bethany’s model of quality care and to ensure the success of direct reports.
- Annual Budget –develops and manages expenses within the approved annual budget.
- Safety -Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times
- Customer Service – ensures excellence in customer service is achieved and maintained.
- Professional Development –ensures continuous progress in the areas of professional development and education.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or similar health-related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Professional registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- CPR certification
- Proven interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills
- Gerontology and wound management experience are considered an asset
- Continuing Care experience with both geriatric and dementia populations would be considered an asset
- Reports to: Administrator
- Posting Number: 22-6632
- Location: Sundre Seniors' Supportive Living Facility (4 days per week) & Mount View Lodge (1 day per week)
- Position: Full-Time Temporary (Temporary End Date Dec. 6, 2024)
- FTE: 1.0
- Union: Non-Union
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 8:00-16:15
- Posting End Date: Until suitable candidate is found
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/ Please note this competition may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check & provide proof of all mandatory immunizations.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
More search results
Vancouver Island University
Unit Manager – DTC Surgical Suite
Alberta Health Services
Canuck Place Children's Hospice
Registered Nurse (RN)/Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), Ch…
BC Children's Hospital
Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority)