Facility: Elizabeth Bagshaw Women’s Clinic
Job Title: Registered Nurse, casual
Pay Rate: as per Nurses Bargaining Association/HEABC Agreement
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, as needed
The Elizabeth Bagshaw Women’s Clinic provides abortion and other reproductive health care services, in a safe, compassionate and confidential atmosphere.
Nursing Job Summary:
• Provide direct nursing care by planning, implementing and evaluating peri-operative care for clients and maintaining related records;
• Provide emotional support and birth control teaching to patients;
• Administer oral, intramuscular and direct intravenous medications and assist patients in the operating room;
• Perform IV insertion and phlebotomy and administer IV conscious sedation for surgical procedures related to family planning (difficult IUD insertion, abortion in first and second trimester, management of missed abortion with surgical uterine evacuation; and
• Perform administrative functions related to nursing care delivery and quality improvement programs.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing or eligibility for registration with CRNBC;
• One year of relevant work experience in gynecological, community women’s health, medical/surgical and/or operative nursing areas;
• Demonstrated knowledge in areas related to women’s reproductive health, particularly family planning;
• IV procedural sedation certificate or willingness to take on-line course; and
• Current ACLS and BLS certification as well as procedural sedation.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong commitment to choice in reproductive rights as it pertains to family planning and abortion
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal effectively with others in a multi-disciplinary team atmosphere
• Ability to organize work
• Fluent in English; second language an asset
• Ability to operate related equipment
Salary is determined in accordance with the Provincial Collective Agreement between HEABC and the Nurses’ Bargaining Association.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Interim Director, Elizabeth Bagshaw Women’s Clinic at email@example.com with the subject line: CASUAL NURSING POSITION APPLICATION.
We thank you for your application, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Elizabeth Bagshaw Society strives to create a fair and respectful environment, and believes that diversity in our workforce strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. EBS is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Clinical Informatics Analyst - Information System…
Yukon Hospital Corporation - Whitehorse General Hospital
RFP: Nurse Education Consultant
Director of Care
Andrews of Summerside
Manager, Registration and Patient Flow
Bruyere Continuing Care
Canada Research Chair
Thompson Rivers University - 296089