Community Health Nurse (RN) - Training may be offered
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
HEALTH CARE JOBS WITH A WORLD-CLASS INNOVATOR IN MEDICAL CARE, RESEARCH, & TEACHING
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) delivers services to more than 1 million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Corridor, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, the Central Coast and surrounding areas. The remarkable range of jobs & specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for many health care professionals. Our amazing jobs, workforce, and remarkable organizational culture ensure that VCH is always promoting better heath for our communities through innovation and exceptional care.
We are currently hiring for a Community Health Nurse (ref: 117745-jmc) for Vancouver, BC.
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may offer a Community Health Nurse training program. Cover letter and resume are required if applying for the Training Program.
About Home Health Programs Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
South serves the southern part of the city including Fraserview, Killarney, Oakridge-Marpole and Sunset neighbourhoods.
Works within a client and family model of care with acute, chronic and palliative populations within the community and within the context of the vision and values of the organization. The Community Health Nurse practices within the context of a client and family centred care model, and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice and Code of Ethics for registered nurses.
The Nurse works in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in collaboration with the primary care provider, and other care providers. Assesses service eligibility, facilitates the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, delivers direct care, and provides care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community settings. The Nurse works in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two years’ recent clinical experience that is relevant to the specific clinical area of employment.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCNP standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Knowledge of the Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice.
- Basic knowledge of nursing standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of transitions through continuums of care.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preference, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals and providers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to nursing treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
To apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2FkV2cP
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
More search results
Clinical Informatics Analyst - Information System…
Yukon Hospital Corporation - Whitehorse General Hospital
RFP: Nurse Education Consultant
Director of Care
Andrews of Summerside
Manager, Registration and Patient Flow
Bruyere Continuing Care
Canada Research Chair
Thompson Rivers University - 296089