About Passport Health
Passport Health is the largest provider of travel medical services in North America with more than 250 clinics in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Although Passport Health got its start working with international travelers, universities, and international aid groups, the company has increasingly been able to leverage its large nationwide network to service the vaccination and related healthcare needs of large corporations, government agencies, and other organizations.
Our experienced clinicians have completed rigorous training in the fields of travel medicine and immunology to ensure our clients and patients stay informed, healthy, and well during their time abroad
Passport Health Canada is looking for outgoing and motivated Registered Nurses to support our clinics on a full-time and part-time basis. Reporting to the Nurse Manager, you will be meeting patients face-to-face and provide travel counseling, vaccinations, medications, and general travel health advice. This role requires the candidate to work evenings and weekends.
We are currently recruiting for the following locations;
- Burnaby, BC
- Abbotsford, BC
- Victoria, BC
- Vancouver, BC
- Edmondon, AB
- Calgary, AB
- Laval, Quebec
- Greater Toronto Area, ON
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilize proper travel medicine and general medicine processes to provide immunizations and travel health counseling in a safe and effective manner.
- Provide friendly, efficient, and safe service to patients and clients.
- Diligently participate in the company’s training to ensure up to date knowledge of travel medicine and vaccination.
- Adhere to safety protocols as set by the company’s medical directives and regulations.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and communication skills.
Qualifications and Skills
- One year experience with travel medicine and clinic experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working in travel Medicine, either in a private clinic or Public Health setting is an asset.
- Candidates with experience in providing travel health consults, with sound knowledge of travel vaccinations and medications for travelers diarrhea, malaria, altitude illness and world geography will be considered.
- Must be willing to travel to other clinics in the city.
- Access to a vehicle is preferred.
- Ability to follow Medical Directives in order to safely administer vaccines and dispense medications to comply with the CARNA and the Passport Health Standard of Care.
- Registered Nurse certification with current license in good standing.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- First Aid/CPR certified.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to communicate effectively with corporate clients.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without detailed supervision.
- Flexible and able to communicate using a mobile device.
Salary for ON: $28.00 /hour + shift premiums + bonus
Salary for AB: $30.00 /hour + shift premiums + bonus
Salary for BC: $32.00 /hour + shift premiums + bonus
Salary for QC: $28.00 /hour + shift premiums + bonus
Benefits working for Passport Health
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and more & Perks
- The ability to have a great work/life balance - No overnight shifts
- Shift premiums for working evenings and weekends
- Locations easily accessible by public transportation
- Recognition and reward for high performance
Thank you for your interest in joining Passport Health. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police background check. If you require accommodation for disability during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
More search results
Registered Nurse RN
Registered Nurse RN
Part Time Casual Field and Infusion Nurse RN - Dr…
Innomar Strategies Inc.
Registered Nurse RN
Licensed Practical Nurses Health Care Aides LPN H…