RN/RPN – Travel Nurse
RN/RPN - Travel Nurse
Requisition #: ALB00094938
Location: Northern Alberta
Job Type: Casual/Relief
Salary: $36.86 - $48.37 per hour
An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurses looking to work to their full-scope of practice in Northern Alberta. The Registered Nurse Locum Program provides the opportunity to work in short term assignments up to full time hours. Assignments are negotiable to all sites within the AHS North Zone in a variety of practice settings.
As a the RN/RPN Travel Nurse, you will be responsible for the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of nursing interventions for a diverse patient population, be responsible for collaboration as a member of the health care team, be able to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities, have a proven ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplinary team environment to effectively contribute to client care planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Locum nurses receive extra incentive such as: A premium payment of $6.00 per hour for hours worked; Reimbursement for travel costs/per diem expenses; and Accommodation provided by AHS.
From charming villages or bustling cities, Northern Alberta’s communities are as varied as the landscape. Rolling hills and lakes, prairie, forest and mountain terrain enjoy pleasant summer days. Midnight sunsets make working in northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience! If this appeals to you, the North Zone Locum program might just be what you were looking for.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the Collage and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Minimum of one year nursing experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following departments is required; acute care, emergency, intensive care, operating room, obstetrics, continuing care, home care, public health and psychiatry.
- Two to three years of recent nursing experience preferred.
- Rural nursing experience and charge nurse experience are definite assets.