Our Lady of the Rosary Hospital in Castor provides a full range of health services to the progressive rural community in east-central Alberta, and works closely with neighbouring communities of Coronation and Consort. This facility has 5 acute care beds and 22 continuing care beds, as well as providing 24 hour emergency care services. The town of Castor is located at the intersection of Highway 12 and Highway 861, approximately 143 km east of the City of Red Deer. Leading an active lifestyle is easy with community sports programs and recreational facilities that are second to none - including golf, swimming, camping, skating, and curling, to name a few. The low cost of living and high quality of life make Castor a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Covenant Health is proud of its 150-year history of delivering quality, innovative Catholic health services to Albertans, and is one of Canada's largest Catholic Health organizations. Recently, Covenant Health has been honoured as the recipient of three prestigious awards: Alberta's Top 70 Employer award for 2018, Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture Award for 2017, and one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for 2018.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates in nursing assessments and interventions, care planning, implementing prescribed treatments, administering medications, evaluating treatments, and monitoring/documenting treatment progress and patient/resident response. Acting as an advocate, coordinator and liaison for the patient/resident, the RN identifies needs and sets priorities in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. The RN facilitates patient/resident and family education and discharge planning, and may be required to act in a charge nurse capacity. The RN is responsible for the provision of care in accordance with established standards, and the Mission, Vision, Values, policies and procedures of Covenant Health.
- Classification: Registered Nurse
- Union: COV UNA
- Department: Med Surg Nursing Unit OLRH
- Primary Location: Our Lady of the Rosary Hosp
- Multi-Site: At (UNA only)
- FTE: 0.82
- Posting End Date: 03-JUL-2019
- Temporary Employee Class: Temp Part Time
- Date Available: 10-JUL-2019
- Temporary End Date: 12-NOV-2019
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 12
- Shifts per cycle: 47
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Nights
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $36.86
- Maximum Salary: $48.37
- Vehicle Requirement: N/A
- Graduate of a Registered Nurse program or recognized equivalent required.
- Active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) required. Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (Level C) required.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- New Graduates of a Registered Nurse program are encouraged to apply.
- This community has been verified as eligible for the Canada Student Loan forgiveness program as outlined by the Government of Canada.
- Previous Acute Care experience preferred.
- Previous Emergency Room experience preferred. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred.
More search results
RN/RPN, Substance Use Services (Supervised Consum…
Fraser Health Inc.
Groupe Santé Axio
BCRTC Manager, Occupational Health
Wellness Nurse Overnight
Sunrise Senior Living
Wellness Nurse, Full - Time Afternoon Shift 3:00 …
Sunrise Senior Living