Registered Nurse, Primary Care
Are you passionate about nursing? Are you interested in being part of a team that provides person and family centred care? Join the interprofessional team in Tumbler Ridge and be a part of something new and exciting.
In accordance with Northern Health’s vision of an idealized system of services built on a foundation of Primary Care where people and their families receive primary care services in Primary Care Homes supported by interprofessional teams, the Primary Care Nurse (PCN) practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCN).
The Primary Care Nurse (PCN) functions as a member of the interprofessional team and applies best practices to provide competent, safe and ethical care for people and their families in settings such as physician practices, homes, schools and communities. The PCN provides care that includes clinical follow up according to the person’s primary Care Plan and the person’s personal goals of care to inform plans of care developed collaboratively with the Interprofessional Team. The Primary Care Nurse will provide direct clinical care and services to individuals, groups and communities.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings - 09:00 to 17:00, 09:00 to 19:00 rotating
Primary and Community Care
Northern Health’s approach to person and family-centered care involves creating health care teams, which include your doctor or nurse practitioner and other health care professionals, to provide a range of health care services. The quality of care increases by providing continuity of care over time and across settings, and will result in better long-term health outcomes.
Tumbler Ridge has a welcoming and friendly population of 2,215 (2021) and is a destination for outdoor enthusiasts surrounded by fascinating geological formations, waterfalls, dinosaur trackways and mountaintops. Home to one of only five UNESCO Global Geoparks in Canada. Check out Tumbler Ridge for more information on this unique rural community.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Three years recent, related clinical nursing experience in primary care nursing and/or chronic disease management settings, including experience developing and providing formal education to patients, families, the general public, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License.
NOTE: Shift split between interprofessional team and Emergency room. Evening and Weekend call required with this position. Educational opportunities for this position include but not limited to, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) and Emergency Practice, Intervention and Care- Canada (EPICC)
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
More search results
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department- Signing B…
Nurse Practitioner - Regular Full Time
Hamilton Health Sciences
Nurse Consultant/Complaints Officer: Request for …
Government of Alberta
Registered Nurse | Operating Room
Interior Health - 338528
New Career Opportunities for Perinatal Nurses (WO…
Interior Health - 338528