Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care/Emergency/PACU - Sunshine Coast
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Powell River
- $36.23 - $47.58 per hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Come work as a Registered Nurse at qathet General Hospital with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join the Emergency Department at qathet General Hospital in Powell River, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse - Critical Care/Emergency/PACU you will:
- Provide emergency nursing care to clients/patients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment as well as care to critically ill patients/clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery.
- As member of emergency response team, stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims, and prepare for and responds to disaster situations.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centered care model.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to critical care nursing.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
- There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to Emergency Department Nurses working with VCH
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. APPLY TODAY
More search results
Associate Dean, Rankin School of Nursing
St. Francis Xavier University
Registered Nurse | Emergency
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority)
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Generalist Nurse (Relocate to New Zealand)
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand