Residential Hospice Leader
Are you a Nurse Leader that is looking for change? Are you a leader who wants more autonomy within your role, and to guide the future? Do you want to be part of a small, dedicated team? Are you passionate about creating a safe and prosperous workplace for your team?
North Okanagan Hospice Society (NOHS) offers quality end-of-life care services in the North Okanagan through a 12-bed palliative care facility in Vernon, B.C. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic Nurse Leader to join our dedicated team of providers in this holistic, rewarding health care environment. The Residential Hospice Leader is responsible for the effective operations of the residential program at Hospice House and is an important member of the Leadership Team.
Qualifications: Required Training and Experience
- A Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or five years of previous palliative end of life nursing care experience
- Minimum five years of management experience in a health care facility, preferably in a hospice palliative care, clinical or acute care setting
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Clinical expertise in pain and symptom management practices
- Management and HR experience working in a unionized environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows applications including Excel
Qualifications: Preferred Training and Experience
- Psychosocial experience
- Victoria Hospice training and/or CHPCA certification
- Quality improvement experience
- Financial management experience
Salary: $82,000 - $88,000 per year plus benefits (negotiable)
The position begins immediately and is .80 FTE.
Send your resume, cover letter, copies of your nursing and management certificates and a short description of your philosophy of care for those facing the end of life.
Lisa Matthews, Executive Director
North Okanagan Hospice Society
Closing date for applications is December 3, 2022
More search results
Associate Dean, Rankin School of Nursing
St. Francis Xavier University
Registered Nurse | Emergency
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority)
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Generalist Nurse (Relocate to New Zealand)
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand