- Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority - Stanton Territorial Hospital
- Yellowknife, NT
- Salary range is from $46.52 to $55.57 per hour
- Job Category
- Job Type
This position is located in the City of Yellowknife, situated on the Northern shore of Great Slave Lake; Yellowknife is the capital of the Northwest Territories, Canada. The population of Yellowknife is 20,000. This multi-cultural community is welcoming and the wilderness is your backyard. All the big city amenities are available without the big city issues. The city is also home to a vibrant arts and theatre community. After moving here, Yellowknife quickly becomes a place you call home. For more information about the community please visit www.yellowknife.ca.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority – Stanton Territorial Hospital (NTHSSA) is offering challenging work and work life balance. NTHSSA is a 100-in-patient bed accredited facility in Yellowknife, and is a referral center for approximately 43,000 NWT residents and 5,900 residents from the Kitikmeot region of Nunavut. For more information please visit www.stha.ca.
Located within Stanton and reporting directly to the Manager, Operating Room/Post Anesthetic Recovery Room and Outpatient Procedures and is one of base staff of five RNs including the Team Leader who, provide care primarily to outpatients in the Day Procedures Unit. Up to 15 cases are done in Endoscopy per day with varying levels of complexity of the individual procedures, tests or treatments.
The unit is open during the day Monday-Friday from 06:30 to 18:30. The staff work 7.5 hour shifts. The hours of operation may vary slightly depending upon the procedures scheduled for the day. The five Endoscopy RNs within this unit will rotate through assignments. The RN, Endoscopy will be required to work in any, or all, of the areas on any given day, depending upon skill mix, staffing, activity, and acuity.
The RN, Endoscopy may be responsible for multiple patients at any one time.
• Admit/Recovery/Discharge of the endoscopy patients
• Endoscopy suite - including basic diagnostic endoscopic procedures.
• Endoscopy therapeutic procedures - including but not limited to: variceal ligation, polypectomy, injection therapy, electrocautery and argon plasma coagulation, pneumatic balloon and bougie dilators, and insertion of gastric feeding tubes.
• Physician directed administration of intravenous deep sedation, including hemodynamic monitoring and airway management.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
• One (1) year recent clinical experience, in an Endoscopy suite where endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed.
• All other equivalencies will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Be a licensed member of a Provincial or Territorial Nursing Association in good standing and be eligible for registration with RNANT/NU.
The salary range for this position is from $46.52 per hour to $55.57 per hour, plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,700.00. A comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Participation in the Federal Public Service Superannuation Plan
• Mandatory leave with pay – 5 days off with pay that you are required to take over the course of the year
• 16.5 days of annual vacation leave to start
• Pay Increases, Health, Dental, Relocation expenses, Northern Living Allowance, Winter Bonus days, Special and Sick leave
Closing Date: Open Until Filled Apply online: http://www.gov.nt.ca/careers