Manager, Palliative Care
- Yukon Department of Health and Social Services
- Whitehorse, Yukon Territories
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
The Care and Community Branch has an opportunity to join their team as the Manager of the Yukon Palliative Care Program. We are looking for an innovative and experienced leader who is committed to providing excellent services to their clients. Reporting to the Director, Care and Community, this position, member of the management team, is responsible for leading and managing the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of interdisciplinary services and programs of Palliative and End of Life Care for the Yukon. This role provides leadership, supervision and guidance to a transdisciplinary care team located in a long term care home which provides hospice, respite and long term care as well as a palliative care resource team which supports health care providers, individuals, families/friends and volunteers through education, consultation and coordination in order to promote an integrated palliative care approach across all settings.
Your first challenge in this role will be supporting the opening of the new Wind River Hospice, located within Whistle Bend, the brand-new continuing care facility. You will manage setup tasks, including the development of operational policies and procedures and human resources planning. In addition to these short-term responsibilities, in the long-term, you will be responsible to plan, develop, lead and supervise the service delivery of the community hospice and long-term care program.
The Yukon Continuing Care philosophy of care is that “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”If you have experience leading a patient-centered palliative care program as a part of a multidisciplinary support team and are eager to work collaboratively with a variety of different care providers and community partners, consider applying today!
- Baccalaureate or Master of Nursing
- Registered Nurse in good standing
- Completion of CNA certification in Palliative Care
- Experience in palliative care, ideally with experience and/or knowledge pertaining to care delivery models interdisciplinary practice and research activities
- Demonstrated leadership experience with proven team building abilities and experience in advancing the clinical practice of multiple health disciplines
- Experience in the evaluation of and development, adaptation or implementation of programs, and services, including budget preparation
Full-Time | Permanent | Full Benefits | Professional Growth | Career Progression & Scope |
Modern Facilities & Resources| Collaborative Teamwork Framework
How to Apply: Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be screened on a rolling basis. If you have any questions about the position, you can reach a member of the Yukon recruitment team at 416-237-1500 ext. 222 or email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.yukon-hra.ca