Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 80,000 people in the East Kootenays. The four floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radiology and Urology.
We are seeking a Manager, Perioperative Services for EKRH.
The Manager is responsible for overall management of the Perioperative Services at East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH) including the Operating Room, Post-Anesthetic Recovery Room, Surgical Day Care, Ambulatory Care and associated clinics, the OR Booking Office, Pre-Surgical Screening, and Medical Device Reprocessing. The Manager applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, controlling, evaluating, and data-gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the Perioperative Services areas. The Manager is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved resources and for guiding and coordinating activities of the Perioperative Services area in accordance with professional standards and the mission and goals of the organization including the planning, development, and implementation of initiatives developed in response to the growing needs of the population served by Perioperative Services. The Manager provides consultation to the Health Services Director regarding perioperative services in East Kootenay rural sites as requested.
If you are motivated to be challenged professionally, this is the move for you. We offer excellent benefits, competitive starting salary, and opportunities to maximize your skills. Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where every person matters!
Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. The mild winter is perfect for cross country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. For more urban pursuits, Cranbrook offers shopping, cafés, sports arenas and a lively arts and cultural community. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and abundant activities, it is the ultimate location to live, work and play.
Education, Training and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. A Master’s degree is preferred. Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of five years of acute care nursing experience with the requirement of clinical competence in Perioperative Nursing.
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professional (BCCNP).
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
- Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
- System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change