Manager Home and Community Care
Reporting to the Director, this position is responsible for the management and administration of the Squamish Nation Home and Community Care (HCC) division, including +/- 30 reports, an annual budget and operations in North Vancouver and provides support to Squamish Valley. The incumbent works closely with HCC staff and the Registered Nurse Assessor to ensure proper implementation of client care plans, provision of quality home care services and Member access to other health care professionals (e.g. physiotherapists, hospital discharge coordinators, occupational therapists, social workers, long term care coordinators). The position requires a seasoned professional who has exceptional knowledge and skills in home care client service, staff management, scheduling, policy, records management and budgets. The incumbent must have a strong understanding of the rules and regulations associated with Home and Community Care including delegated and assigned tasks, client and staff safety and staff confidentiality. Supports program and policy development, patient quality and safety, and continuous improvement.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures accurate program and client records are maintained and enforces compliance to confidentiality policy.
- Ensures that all Personal Care and Homemaking services are provided in accordance with divisional guidelines and requirements.
- Develops and implements program policy and evaluation tools with a goal of ongoing development and improvement of HCC services.
- Ensures effective case management of all client files to facilitate implementation and coordination of client care plans.
- Provides staff supervision and coordinates training and education opportunities related to Personal Care and Homemaking.
- Oversees the coordination and scheduling of staff.
- Manages staff.
- Ensures professional customer service to clients.
- Maintains effective working relationships with Vancouver Coastal Health, First Nations Health Authority and other organizations that impact HCC services.
- Prepares reports and presentations.
- Stays current and pursues continuous professional development.
- Manages and maintains medical equipment loan cupboard program.
- Manages special projects and programs related to HCC.
- Liaises with and works cooperatively with all Health Services divisions as well as other Squamish Nation departments i.e. Community Operations, Housing, etc.
- Supervises the Health and Safety of Employees and adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Home & Community Care and Yúustway Health, Wellness & Recreation Services teams.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, registered with BCCNP OR may consider an incumbent who is a licensed practical nurse close to completing a registered nurse program.
- Plus 2-3 years (with a Masters) OR 4-5 years (with a Bachelors) of directly-related experience in the majority of duties listed in the job description including, health care management, budget management, personal care/homemaking program delivery, staff management, policy/procedure design, budgeting, etc. May consider Diploma.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to client record documentation, home care programs, staff scheduling, staff supervision, etc.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years previously demonstrated work experience managing a team of 5 or more.
- Experience working with federal or provincial governments in the health field is preferred.
- Experience as an intermediate/advanced level user of the Internet, Microsoft Office Applications.
- Advanced experience working with health records databases such as the Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search as per Squamish Nation Policy.
A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered for above education and experience. The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Application MUST Include:
- Cover Letter & Resume
Salary: As per Squamish Nation Performance & Compensation Strategy.
All applications must be completed using on-line application, link for all postings at: http://www.squamish.net/jobs/