We are proud to be selected as one of B.C.'s Top Employers for 2022!
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge, and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services for adults with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strive to advance the vision of Communities of belonging, lives with connections. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community.
The Provincial Assessment Centre is the designated tertiary care mental health service for individuals aged 14 years and older who have a developmental disability and a concurrent mental illness or behavioural concern. PAC provides multi-disciplinary and specialized inpatient assessment and treatment for dually diagnosed individuals. PAC is located at Healing Spirit House in Coquitlam.
As a Nurse 5 at CLBC, you will direct and supervise the day to day care and management of in-patient services to those individuals admitted to PAC. You will oversee nurses and health care workers.
Accountabilities of this position include:
- Overseeing the pre-admission process allowing for an orderly admission of new clients to the unit milieu
- Overseeing assigned staff with their treatment and assessment functions and guiding their practice as necessary
- Coordinating the day to day functions of unit staff
- Monitoring daily work schedules
- Monitoring, overseeing and ensuring that all policies are implemented and carried out
- Directing and overseeing crisis management and physical interventions providing team debriefing to ensure that interventions remain therapeutic and respectful of clients at all times
- Overseeing and ensuring that medications are adequately secured and administered as per policy and good nursing practice
- Overseeing and reviewing staff's completion of admission reports providing basic physical and psychological assessments of new clients
- Ensuring attendance at clinical team meetings to review assessment documentation and make decisions regarding the management of clients based on immediate prioritized needs
- Liaising with support services to ensure smooth operations of the unit. This includes kitchen services, lab, pharmacy, and administrative support
You must be able to:
- Function well during crisis situations and provide clear, decisive direction to line staff
- Routinely chair meetings and address conflicts and misunderstandings in a goal-focused manner
- Engage positively as an agent of change initiates problem-solving and remain solution-focused
- Use suction, B/P, O2 equipment, personal protection alarms, etc.
Shift: This role requires a rotational work schedule in this 24/7 tertiary mental health facility.
- Current registration with BCCNPM as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)
- Recognized courses in supervision and/or health care management relevant to the position preferred
- Minimum of two years of recent satisfactory experience in Psychiatric Nursing
- Recent satisfactory supervisory experience preferred
- First aid and CPR level C are required
- Class 5 driver's license
This position is posted to fill a new vacancy
Classification/Salary: Nurse R5 / $69,759 to $88,466 annually
The health and safety of our team and communities is paramount to CLBC. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Closing date: October 13, 2022
Apply now! Submit a resume and cover letter through our online application system to the attention of Jaimie Willows. Resumes received by other methods will not be considered.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act).
Community Living BC is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Registered Nursing/Grad Nurse opportunities in Sa…
Saskatchewan Health Authority
Registered Nurse – Department of Medicine (variou…
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau
Perioperative (OR) Nurse Opportunities across Int…
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Nurse | Emergency
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Nurse (RN) - Dialysis
Vancouver Coastal Health