Health Services Manager - Perioperative/Surgical Services
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Req ID: 30338
Location: Northern Zone, Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre
Department: 3003450 PERI Surgical Program
Type of Employment: Regular Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Management/Non Union Bargaining Unit - Management/ Non-Union
Posting Closing Date: 16-Jun-19
Reporting to the Northern Zone Director of Perioperative/Surgical Services, the Health Services Manager (HSM) is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the specific clinical portfolio in accordance with the Nova Scotia Health Authority mission, vision and values. The HSM provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of all initiatives at the program level. The Manager has 24 hour accountability in the management of all program activities. The HSM is also responsible for planning of strategic integration of service delivery in collaboration with colleagues in the Community Health portfolio. Using a collaborative, consultative and quality driven approach, the HSM facilitates the continuous evaluation and improvement of care. The HSM promotes a patient-care and client-centered approach by consulting with all stakeholders in the provision of services and develops community and acute care partnerships.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant health field required, Masters Degree preferred
- Current registration with College Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia or applicable professional body
- Five (5) years experience working with multi-disciplinary teams in a health care setting
- Two-three (2-3) years management experience in acute care setting required
- Previous experience in Perioperative/Surgical Services preferred
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Meditech Utilization Management, Success factors, SAP
- Ability to utilize health information system data for decision support
- Understanding and commitment to the LEADS performance development framework
- Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively and effectively with others
- Demonstrated competence in coaching and mentoring others in achieving optimal performance
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in human resource and financial management
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, demonstrating flexibility and versatility while managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Previous work attendance may be considered
- Ability to work irregular hours and assume facility “on call” nurse management coverage
- Previous work attendance may be considered
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Regular, full time position; 75 hours biweekly
This position is required to be on call as part of a rotation
This position requires travel to various locations and as such access to transportation is required
$39.5675 - $52.5733 hourly
Recruitment incentive and/or relocation may be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifying criteria.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs, as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid Registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Only online applications are accepted.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/