Reporting directly to the Manager, Home & Community Care (HCC), the Nurse Assessor is a registered nurse providing assessment, supervisory and clinical nursing skills to effectively assess and coordinate client care for the Squamish Nation Community. The incumbent provides direction and guidance to the Personal Care and Home Care Support Workers. This position is responsible for accurate records of client assessments and manages assessment files. The incumbent is accountable for developing and maintaining relationships with external service providers for advocacy and referrals. The incumbent reviews and evaluates the satisfaction of clients regarding the home care services. As an Indigenous service provider, the incumbent supports and promotes a holistic approach to home care.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates home care services.
- Develops a client centered care plan with the Manager of HCC.
- Ensures accurate program and client records are maintained and kept confidential.
- Participates in the planning, development and evaluation of the Health Wellness & Recreation, Home and Community Care program.
- Maintains supportive and efficient internal/external relationships.
- Stays current and pursues continuous professional development.
- Adheres to workplace Health & Safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Home & Community Care and Health Wellness & Recreation teams.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or relevant/related degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of three years of directly related experience in the majority of duties listed in the job description including in public health and community based setting nursing, primary care, health records databases, community health and assessment, excellent written and interpersonal communications skills and proven to have worked effectively with a variety of people and circumstances.
- Must be member in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Must have Foot Care certification or willing to obtain within set timeframe.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to nursing skills through attendance at workshops, conferences, keeps abreast of current literature and Best Practices guidelines, client record documentation, home care programs, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level user MS Office, the internet, etc. Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must have valid First Aid Level 1 and CPR certification, or willing to obtain within set timeframe.
- Must have reliable vehicle/insurance/valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required. Must be able to travel to Squamish Valley with BC regulated winter tires.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector search as per Squamish Nation Policy.
Application MUST Include:
- Cover Letter & Resume
As per policy, successful applicant will need to provide:
- References from direct supervisors, and
- Official copies of school records
May be willing to consider a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Salary: As per Squamish Nation Performance & Compensation Strategy.
All applications must be completed using on-line application, link for all postings, at: http://www.squamish.net/jobs/