Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Community Nursing, Chronic Conditions Support Program
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $76,809 - $88,676 per annum
Closing date: May 31, 2019
This posting is to fill a full-time, 2-year term position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Bring your expertise to our Community Nursing team, a group of high-performing, compassionate people dedicated to serving with respect and purpose. We provide specialized programming designed to meet the unique needs of our Northern, Yukon communities and are recognized for our commitment to excellence in the provision of rural and remote, primary and public health services throughout Yukon. We seek to foster relationships with Indigenous Peoples and collaborate with First Nations’ leadership to continually improve population health status in Yukon communities. We are also committed to the ongoing development of our team, and are recognized for our professional development opportunities.
As the Chronic Conditions Nurse Educator, you will form an integral part of our team by providing quality, planned, proactive, person-centred chronic disease management (CDM) within the Chronic Conditions Support Program. CDM activities include client assessments, determining chronic conditions’ risk factors, clinical care, education, self-management support, as well as caregiver support and education. You will collaborate as a member of a primary health care team in a clinical setting to empower clients and families to self-manage chronic conditions while also supporting our program goals through the provision of quality, collaborative chronic care and effective, accessible self-management support.
For more information about this position, please contact Melissa Laluk, Acting Manager of Chronic Disease Management, at (867) 667 8292 or Melissa.Laluk@gov.yk.ca.
For more information about applying to a Health and Social Services competition, please contact Marcia Davidson, HR Consultant, at (867) 332 3219 or Marcia.Davidson@gov.yk.ca.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Nursing;
- Registration as a Registered Nurse, in good standing, with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory body;
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of chronic disease management through case management of clients with chronic conditions; and
- Experience facilitating learning of others through workshops, training or teaching.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Strong knowledge and experience in nursing best practices and standards;
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Excellent ability to initiate relationships with clients, their families and other health professionals;
- Ability to provide direction and deliver services in a competent, safe and ethical manner;
- Strong engagement, facilitation and presentation skills; and
- Proficiency in using computers and software, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Conditions of Employment: Current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA); Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance; TB Clearance; Valid Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent.
- Willingness to travel by road and aircraft.
- Overnight travel is expected as part of this position in order to provide service to clients in our communities.
- Lifting up to 15 kg.
Learn more about us!
Yukon government has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014!
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Chronic Conditions Nurse Educator, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
"Committed to Employment Equity"