Registered Nurse, Med/Surg
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Mackenzie & District Hospital and Health Centre.
To carry out functions to meet the objectives of the department of nursing of the Mackenzie and District Hospital in a manner that complies with the philosophy of the nursing department and meets the goals and objectives of the Mackenzie and District Hospital. Directly responsible to the Health Service Administrator.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00
Mackenzie & District Hospital and Health Centre
Mackenzie & District Hospital and Health Centre is a five acute bed hospital with four long-term care beds. Services include medical and emergency services. Other services include medical imaging, laboratory, mental health and substance use. There is also a medical clinic.
Mackenzie is a friendly community of approximately 3,714 (2020) residents. Nestled between the Rocky and Omineca Mountains, Mackenzie provides access to plenty of year round outdoor recreation opportunities to experience. Check out Mackenzie for information on this family friendly community.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.