Registered Nurse - Obstetrical (WLMH)
Regular Full Time
The Maternal Newborn and Women’s health program at West Lincoln Memorial Hospital provides family focused women’s health services. An interdisciplinary team provides Level 1 obstetrical care to healthy child bearing women and newborns as well as post operative gynecological surgical care.
As a member of the health care team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides safe and competent nursing care according to the job description and standards of practice for a Registered Nurse in the Obstetrics and Women’s Health Unit.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends
Qualifications - External
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nursing of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Current Certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.)
3. Current knowledge and recent experience in the care of women during antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum required within the last two years
4. Current knowledge and recent experience in fetal monitoring, labour, delivery, care of new born required within the last two years
5. Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and ability in health teaching women and their families during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum period
6. Successful completion of the current Neonatal Resuscitation certificate within the past two years, or evidence of current work in progress with a documented plan for completion
7. Perinatal I&II course required or evidence of enrollment and progress or successful completion of the Canadian Nurses Association Perinatal Certification Exam (within the past five years) or equivalent certification
8. Current knowledge of physical, psychosocial and emotional care for pregnant women and their families in collaboration with the multi disciplinary team
9. Recent experience caring for women and their families, post-operatively in all aspects of Women’s Health
10. Demonstrated proficiency in working with patients, families, peers and multidisciplinary healthcare teams in a effective, professional, caring manner
11. Demonstrated excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
12. Demonstrated leadership ability and organizational skills, ongoing professional development
13. Ability to perform well in high stress situations
14. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.