Full-time career opportunity
Are you a highly motivated, self-directed and results-oriented clinical leader who consistently demonstrates a creative and collaborative management style? If so, this leadership role – at our Greater Niagara General Site – would be an exciting career move.
At Niagara Health, we are committed to delivering on our promise of a great patient experience, satisfied staff and physicians, and financial stability. In alignment with Our Purpose: Extraordinary Caring. Every Person. Every Time., we are looking for a dynamic leader who excels in engaging people, promoting quality and safety, building successful teams, planning and decision-making.
Reporting to the Site Director, you will be accountable for the delivery of a positive patient experience, patient flow, people management, risk management and safety, and the provision of high-quality care. In this environment, your strong leadership skills will enable you to make a difference by engaging with patients, rounding with staff and achieving results.
As Clinical Services Manager, you will foster an environment of inclusion, attentive listening, respect, sensitivity, kindness, patience and empathy, along with ensuring clinical excellence.
To join our team as Clinical Services Manager – Evening Weekends, you must be an innovative, experienced and qualified Registered Nurse or other healthcare professional who can drive continuous quality improvement, and whose knowledge base and skill set include:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, or other Professional College.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or other healthcare professional degree; Master's degree, preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of managerial/leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Dynamic interpersonal and leadership skills, including critical thinking, communication, responsiveness, conflict resolution, change management, people management, visionary thinking, customer service, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated results in aligning program goals with corporate strategy.
- Ability to build and lead a cohesive team, through engagement, transparency, respect and responsiveness.
- Demonstrated commitment to an exceptional patient experience, including access, flow, quality and patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data, and utilize information in order to make effective financial decisions.
- Experience in the analysis and utilization of data to drive continuous quality improvement.
- Experience in the management of risk and safety for patients and staff.
- Proven experience in building external and community partnerships.
- Working knowledge of the Public Hospitals Act, regulated legislation, labour agreements, and hospital policies/procedures.
- Project Management, Leadership, Healthcare Finance, LEAN or other related certification(s) will be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education in the health or business sectors.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a new hire requirement of the job, unless you have an exemption based on a medical ground or on a ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Discover a team environment of Extraordinary Caring – and great quality of life
Niagara Health is a regional healthcare provider with multiple sites and a growing network of community-based and virtual services.
We believe that every person in our region deserves to live every day of their life in the best health possible. As a community-based academic centre, our focus on teaching and learning, research, innovation and partnership propels us to continually improve care and make a difference in people’s lives.
Our team is made up of more than 7,300 employees, physicians and volunteers whom we count on to deliver Extraordinary Caring. Every Person. Every Time. Our Accreditation with Exemplary Standing is a clear demonstration of the team’s commitment to the highest safety and quality standards.
We provide a full range of acute care hospital services to the 450,000 residents across the Niagara region, and we are one of the few hospitals in Ontario that own and operate a long-term care facility.
Creating a healthy community is a collaborative effort. The courage and hope demonstrated by so many during the COVID-19 pandemic inspire us to continue to work with community partners to improve the health and well-being of our region.
To join Niagara Health is to spend more time enjoying life than commuting. Nestled between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, and best known for its tourist attractions, the area offers great geographical advantages. Our hospital sites are located in thriving communities, where affordable housing, a myriad of recreational and cultural activities, and diverse settings make both family and single living a rewarding experience.
For more information on Niagara Health, visit www.niagarahealth.on.ca. Please apply online, by Sunday, August 21, 2022, at
Join us on twitter @ nhscareers
Niagara Health is committed to leadership stability and employee engagement. Once hired, new leaders will remain in their leadership role for two years. This practice does not preclude you from applying for promotions and/or being deployed to special organizational priorities.
We are especially interested in connecting if you…
- Value diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Are excited about being part of a respectful and hard-working team in the beautiful Region of Niagara;
- Identify as a member of one or more of the following groups: equity-seeking group, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas;
- Have a background or expertise in the healthcare environment, supporting patient care and providing extraordinary customer service.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Niagara Health will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
More search results
Licensed Practical Nurses
Axis Family Resources Ltd.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Acute Medicine - Clinical…
Vancouver Coastal Health
Registered Nurse - Obstetrical (WLMH)
Hamilton Health Sciences
Canuck Place Children's Hospice
Licensed Practical Nurse, Travel Resource Program
Northern Health Authority - 296209