Primary Health Care Nurse Float
- Yukon Government
- Whitehorse, YT
- $46.01 - $53.41 per hour
- Job Category
Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Community Nursing
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $46.01 - $53.41 per hour
Closing date: September 22, 2022
This competition is open to all candidates who meet the above noted Admissibility. A hiring preference will apply for qualified candidates of Canadian Indigenous ancestry, with a priority for qualified Yukon First Nation candidates. This initiative is in support of Yukon government’s goal for a representative public service.
For more information on the hiring preference, visit www.yukon.ca/hiring-preference.
This is an until-filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This competition will be used to hire for multiple positions for our relief and float pool.
Community Nursing is committed to excellence in the provision of Primary Health Care to Yukon people. This is accomplished by assisting individuals and families to achieve and maintain optimal health through the provision of treatment services, health education/promotion activities, disease prevention and individual counselling techniques. Reporting to the Primary Health Care Nurse-in-Charge, the incumbents will provide both community health and primary health care services through an expanded nursing role.
Duties include providing primary health services, and emergency services, assisting with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of public health/education programs and performing other related duties which contribute to the optimal functioning of the unit.
Primary Health Care Nurses provide primary health care services in settings where there is limited access to physician and support services such as lab, X-ray and pharmacy. They must work effectively with both registered nurses and other health and social services practitioners in the provision of primary health care to the community.
In addition to the base hourly rate quoted, this position offers
- Additional $2.00 per hour in lieu of benefits
- Overtime pay, Standby pay & Call-back pay
- Retention allowances
- Daily per diems
- Paid travel from your home within Canada
- No-charge housing
- Yearly reimbursement of Yukon RN Registration fees
- Paid orientation and mentorship
For more information about this position, please contact Melanie Kaiser at (867) 667-8328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Recent substantial experience working in emergency
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Certification or education in the expanded nursing role is considered an asset
- Experience in the delivery of community health and treatment services in an expanded role within a cross-cultural environment would be an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong knowledge in treatment services in an emergency role
- Knowledge in Community Health Programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and flexibility
- Ability to lead, instruct and counsel
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
Conditions of Employment: TB Screening; Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening; Valid Driver’s Licence; Current Yukon RN registration in good standing; current Heart & Stoke BLS, ACLS, and an approved trauma certification such as TNCC, EPPIC-T or ITLS to be obtained within 6 months.
Job Requirements: Providing care both in and out of Health Centres; ability to lift up to 25 lbs; and working after hours on-call, providing patient care.
- Effective April 4, 2022, COVID-19 vaccination will continue to be required for employees working in high-risk settings in the Government of Yukon. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the Government of Yukon. More information can be found here < https://yukon.ca/en/vaccination-requirement >.
Learn more about us!
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To learn more why the Yukon government is recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, please select the following link: Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 (2020) < http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-yukon-government >
To learn more about what the Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
How to Apply
To apply for a Primary Health Care Nurse Float position, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: https://yukon.ca/en/employment.
"Committed to Employment Equity"
More search results
Manager, Clinical Services - Meadow Lake, SK
Saskatchewan Health Authority (former: Prairie North)
REGISTERED NURSE (RN)/NEW GRAD RN, EMERGENCY SERV…
PHSA BC Children's Hospital
Copy of Registered Nurse, Emergency Department - …
Psychiatric Nurse, Beckman Apartments