Registered Nurse, Rural and Remote Nursing Incentive
Quit searching for work-life balance… get paid $10,000 to find it!
For a limited time, nurses who relocate to some of B.C.’s most beautiful rural and remote communities will receive a bonus $10,000 through the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive program. The combination of shorter commutes, affordability, and breathtaking scenery in your new location means you will have time to explore the outdoors, master a new recipe, or simply catch up on your favourite show.
Plus, take your career to the next level with $2,000 per year (for 4 years) to put toward professional development. Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive financial details Year 1 $10,000 in hand* Year 2 $2,000 toward professional development* Year 3 $2,000 toward professional development* Year 4 $2,000 toward professional development Year 5 $2,000 toward professional development * three-year return of service required
Who is eligible for this opportunity:
• External hires to Northern Health
• Internal casuals that do not hold a permanent position with Northern Health
• Would need to relocate outside of their current work location/community
What else do you receive with the Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive Position?
• Guaranteed ongoing full time employment within Northern Health.
• Relocation support may be available
What else do I need to know?
• The Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive position is dependent on a three-year return of service
• The Rural/Remote Nursing Incentive supports nurses who have made an employment commitment to Northern BC remote communities
• Should a recipient of the Northern Remote incentive voluntarily leave NH during the three-year return of service agreement, they will be required to refund a portion of the incentive at a prorated rate (calculated on the basis of 1/36th of the total allowance for each month of the three-year return of service not yet served)
For more information, contact recruitment at: NHJobs@northernhealth.ca
Shift Rotation/Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 08:15 to 16:45
With the nearest hospitals in Terrace and Smithers approximately 6 to 7 hours away, Stikine Health Center provides emergency services to population of 2,000 from the local community and surrounding area. Full time physicians, nursing and administrative staff work to serve the medical needs of the Dease Lake Community.
Dease Lake has a population of 400 and is surrounded by some of the most spectacular and pristine wilderness in BC. Dease Lake is located along Highway 37 in the Stikine Region in North West BC, a few hours south of the Yukon border. . Check out Dease Lake for more information on this unique rural community.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
Rural community hospitals provide a wide range of services and depending on the location may require the Registered Nurse to be competent in multiple clinical settings. This job description addresses various scenarios where nurses are required to work in one or more areas requiring advanced training & experience.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Nurse practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as well as within a patient and family centered care model.
The Registered Nurse practices in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
• Emergency: Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years.
• Perinatal: Advanced preparation in a Perinatal clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience. Current Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 2 years. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years.
• Operation Room: Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area (perioperative nursing) and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
More search results
Lead, Stellar Certification Program
Canadian Nurses Association
Interior Health - 338528
Professor, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) …
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
Intensive Care Nurse
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Nurse – Perinatal
Interior Health - 338528