Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Community Nursing, Watson Lake Health Centre
Location: Watson Lake, YT
Salary: $85,455 - $98,792 per annum
Closing date: August 7, 2019
Relocation may be provided according to the Relocation Directive. Accommodation in Watson Lake will be provided.
Community Nursing is committed to assisting individuals, families and communities to acquire the skills to live responsible, healthy and independent lives, reaching their full potential. As the Nurse in Charge, you will focus on managing the delivery of preventive health strategies that promote the health and well-being of our community members. If you are an enthusiastic, innovative leader with excellent communications skills, this role is for you.
Reporting to the Public Health Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Watson Lake Health Centre to ensure quality community health programs and service delivery to the clients in the Watson Lake and surrounding area, including Lower Post, British Columbia. The duties include managing/administering staff activities, assisting with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of public health/education programs, and performing other related duties which contribute to the optimal functioning of the unit. As the Nurse in Charge, you will manage the human resources of the Watson Lake Health Centre, to ensure achievement of the unit goals and deliver quality community health programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Brenda Dedon, Public Health Manager, Community Nursing, at Brenda.Dedon@gov.yk.ca.
For more information about applying to a Health and Social Services competition, please contact Marcia Davidson, HR Consultant, at Marcia.Davidson@gov.yk.ca.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications:
- Baccalaureate in Nursing;
- Current registration in good standing with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory body;
- Significant nursing experience in community health nursing – rural/northern outpost locations, an asset;
- Recent experience in a supervisory role, leading teams in a health care setting; and
- Experience in supervising/managing the delivery of community health/public health programs, an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Strong knowledge of community health/public health programs;
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills, and flexibility;
- Ability to lead, instruct and counsel; and
- Clear understanding of confidentiality.
Conditions of Employment:
- Current YRNA licence in good standing;
- Current BCCNP registration in good standing;
- Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Screening;
- TB Screening;
- Current Basic CPR HCP; and
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Regular exposure to infectious agents;
- Willingness and ability to travel by road; and
- Lifting up to 15 kg.
Learn more about us!
Yukon government has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014!
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Nurse in Charge, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
"Committed to Employment Equity"