- Bayshore HealthCare
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
Bayshore HealthCare (‘Bayshore’) is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian-owned company. As a leading provider of home and community health care services since 1966, Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. They are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home.
The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions:
- Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rebab services)
- Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs)
- Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services)
- CAREPath (healthcare navigation program, focus on oncology and chronic disease management)
They deliver the unique Bayshore experience built on the principles of Compassion, Respect, Reliability, Patience, Professionalism, Ethics as well as Continuous Learning and Improvement.
- Bayshore Mission: Passionate and Caring
Bayshore HealthCare is passionate and caring about everything it does. About the time with clients, how each other is treated and the quality of its work.
- Bayshore Vision: Imagine Being the Difference
Each and every one of our Bayshore employees has the ability to create special moments, both big and small. They constantly look for ways to make things better and be the difference in the lives of people being cared for or work with and communities serviced.
- Bayshore Values: Compassion, Respect, and Dignity
Bayshore values compassion and reliability, teamwork and diversity, innovation, leadership and growth.
For more information about the organization, their services and more, please visit their website at www.bayshore.ca
The Area Director, under the direction of the Operations Director, is accountable for all aspects of Branch Office operations including business development through marketing and sales, human resources, budget and finance, quality management, information systems, and the integration of directives from the National Service Centre and local health authorities.
Branch Office Operations
- Organize Branch Office operations and staffing such that all required tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently; proactively anticipate and manage change.
- Implement and Support Company sponsored programs, such as clinical, marketing, risk management and so forth, in accordance with policy and process. Proactively suggest ideas for development of new programs to corporate and division support staff.
- Manage human resources with respect to strategic manpower planning, recruitment, selection and retention of qualified staff, orientation and training, compensation, discipline, employee recognition and the implementation of relevant policies.
- Ensure that client care and service are delivered in accordance with local, provincial, and federal legislation and with Bayshore Home Health’s Code of Ethics, Statement of Client Right and Responsibilities and Standards of Practice; manage all contractual agreements and liaise with funding partners and clients.
- Collaborate in the implementation and maintenance of the office information systems and ensure the availability of local systems support.
- Lead the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all client concerns and complaints are followed up and outcomes documented.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Develop and lead the implementation of annual business and marketing plans; monitor and evaluate outcomes in relation to defined goals and objectives; prepare and submit an Annual Report within two months of fiscal year end.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the corporate strategic business and marketing plans as requested.
- Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events.
- Develop, implement and evaluate, in keeping with direction from the Operations Director, an internal financial system that is accurate and efficient.
- Prepare an annual budget and subsequently manage expenses in relation to revenue; analyze the ongoing financial status of the Branch to ensure that established financial goals are being achieved; complete monthly and annual financial reports as requested.
Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the Quality Management System; coordinate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Arrange internal quality audits and reviews as requested by the National Service Centre.
- Complete all required Quality Management Reports.
Health and Safety
- It shall be the responsibility of every Area Director to ensure that employees are trained in and follow safe work procedures, company health and safety policies and all applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
Every Area Director will co-operate fully with the Safety Representative/Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensure that all employees share responsibility to identify and solve workplace health and safety problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a health-related discipline; the Area Director must have a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of business development, operations, service delivery, financial management and control, program development, implementation and evaluation, and human resources practices.
- At least five years of progressively responsible recent experience in management, two of which were at a supervisory level and preferably in a health care setting; strong track record in leading the development and integration of profitable business and marketing plans; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and oversee information systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and decision-making skills; ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; strong entrepreneurial and marketing skills; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and related software such as Windows and payroll/billing systems; commitment to continual learning; above average report writing and communication skills; valid driver’s license and willingness to undertake out-of-town travel as required.
- Internal candidates with less academic preparation must have a demonstrated track record of achievement as related to Branch Office operations, particularly human resources, business development, budgeting, and financial management and have shown above average initiative. Successful internal candidates must complete a six-month probationary period specific to the position of Area Director.
More search results
Horizon Health Network
Kinark Child and Family Services
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse/Infirmier(ère) aut…
Indigenous Services Canada
Registered Nurse, Primary Care/Infirmier(ère) en …
Indigenous Services Canada
Nurse Practitioner/Infirmier(ère) Praticien(ne)
Indigenous Services Canada