Northern Health is accepting applications a permanent part time (.94 FTE) LPN for Peace Villa in Fort St. John.
Peace Villa is attached to the new Fort St. John Hospital via a corridor link. Peace Villa is a 115 bed facility, including 1 respite bed. Peace Villa provides Recreational Therapy Services 5 days a week. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are provided by the Peace Villa Worship Services and community volunteers. There is a Volunteer Program in place to support recreational activities. Hairdressing and barber services are available on site for a fee determined by the service provider. Peace Villa also provides an on-site integrated community adult day program, operating 5 days a week.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Evenings, Nights - 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 - rotating
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Assesses patient/resident/family’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs. Where appropriate, encourages patient/resident participation in activities of daily living.
- Develops and contributes to the development and on going changes to the individualized plan of care, including attending and providing input into multidisciplinary care planning meetings and family conferences.
- Performs nursing procedures and interventions and monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the procedures and interventions. Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications including PRN medications in accordance with organizational and pharmaceutical policies and procedures. Reports problems and changes to the Clinical Supervisor and/or designate.
- Completes assessments including use of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) as required.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
For more information, please contact Shannon.Rodrigues@northernhealth.ca