Northern Health is accepting applications for permanent part time (.71 FTE) registered nurse in the operating room at the Prince Rupert Regional hospital.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: Days - 07:45 to 15:45, 08:45 to 16:45, 09:30 to 17:30
The OR nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Prince Rupert Regional Hospital mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for ongoing learning and professional practice, planning and tracking own learning.
- Recognizes own limitations in professional practice and seeks help from appropriate resources when needed.
- At all times practices safe and ethical manner according to hospital policy, ORNAC standards.
- Maintains own physical, mental, emotional well-being.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Completion of a post-graduate perioperative nursing course, or two (2) years recent experience in an equivalent setting with a minimum of two (2) years of OR/PARR Nursing experience
For more information on this posting, please contact Keenan.firstname.lastname@example.org