- IWK Health
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
- $49.1449 - $59.4666 /hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
Rehabilitation Admin Services, Children's Health Program
Temporary Hourly FT long-assignment (100% FTE) until September 14, 2022 x 1 position
Req ID: 114827
Union Status: NSNU Nursing, Nursing Bargaining Unit
Compensation: $49.1449 - $59.4666 /hour
Posting Date: June 22, 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start Date: September 14, 2021
IWK Health is an internationally recognized and respected academic health sciences centre located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care for two million women, children, youth and families across the Atlantic region. The IWK is committed to a workplace where our staff, physicians, learners and volunteers reflect the patients, families and communities that we serve. We seek and encourage applicants who reflect our broad diversity, and we are committed to reducing barriers to employment and career growth.
Reporting to the Managers of Rehabilitation Services, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a member of an interdisciplinary care team, providing holistic, comprehensive evidenced based care to meet the needs of individuals, families and/or communities. The Rehabilitation Nurse Practitioner will function in an advanced practice role and function within the role components of clinician, educator, consultant and researcher. The Nurse Practitioner will work within an approved Collaborative Practice Agreement (CPA) as established by the Rehabilitation Physician and the NP. The Nurse Practitioner will have responsibilities that include: Utilizing and demonstrating advanced knowledge and decision-making skills to provide care that includes but not limited to comprehensive physical assessments; ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests; management of chronic and acute medical conditions; and prescribing medications and treatments (as outlined in the CPA); post hospital follow up care and health promotion; Developing, promoting and maintaining an interdisciplinary collaboration within a team environment; Working in partnership with nurses and other disciplines to provide holistic patient/family centred care and advance the practice of rehabilitation nursing within a team environment; Participating in planning and implementing change related to clinical, educational and research issues in rehabilitation; Participating in policy and procedure development related to Rehabilitation; Assuming a leadership role related to nursing practice issues; Dedication to continuing learning for self and team; Participating in rehabilitation care team discussions as required, offering input and energy into efforts at improving team efficiency and functioning.
The NP practices according to the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses, the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia Standards of Nursing Practice, specialty standards as applicable and the policies and procedures of the IWK.
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday 0800 - 1600 (some flexibility required)
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing Practitioner Program
• Licensed or eligible for licensure by the Nova Scotia College of Nurses as a Nurse Practitioner required.
• Minimum of (two) 2 years of experience as pediatric NP required.
• Experience in pediatric rehabilitation preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of evidenced based practice and utilization of research in practice.
• Current successful completion of CPR Level C Health Care Provider/BLS within the last 12 months required.
• Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and independent decision making.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills, including clinical judgment, problem solving skills and strong decision making ability
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal with patients and families and colleagues and organizational skills
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
Thank you for your interest with the IWK Health. Please sign in to create a profile and set-up Job Alerts for positions of interest.
Please Note: If you are an employee of the IWK Health Centre, please apply through the internal careers page to ensure you are flagged as an internal applicant. Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.