Regional Practice Initiatives Lead, Communicable Disease Control and Sexual Health
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Vancouver, BC
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead, Communicable Disease Control and Sexual Health to join the Regional Practice Initiatives Lead team at Chief Med Health Officer, Vancouver. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Regional Director of Communicable Disease Control and linkages to Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Professional Practice, The Regional Practice Lead is responsible for promoting excellence and advancing independent professional practice relevant to the strategic direction in Communicable Disease Control. The Regional Practice Lead guides the application and standardization of practice standards, regulations and best practices within the organization. In addition, it provides leadership and expert consultative advice on the scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve an effective and efficient quality of care.
As a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead, Communicable Disease Control and Sexual Health with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Promote consistent care to our patients/clients/residents/families across sites, programs and professions through standardization, integration and promotion of the evidence-informed best practice
- Facilitate and recommend program planning and development of practice guidelines for VCH that supports best practices, improved client access, and efficient flow of clients across the care continuum
- Identify current practice needs and future directions, consult with Directors/Managers, and ensure deliverables are on time and within the mandate.
- Implement, in consultation with Regional Director of Communicable Disease Control and Professional Practice Director(s), effective strategies for advancing autonomous professional practice within Service(s)/Program(s) that are consistent with the corporate vision and strategic direction for VCH and Professional Practice.
- Complete specific goals and objectives for approved VCH initiatives/projects
- Support and facilitate team activities, define and analyze issues, guide and direct projects through the development of work plans, organize, direct and control projects in consultation with Director(s).
- Foster strategic and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders that result in sharing of knowledge, monitoring practice trends,
- Identify opportunities to promote innovation, exploration and partnerships for improvement
- Ensure consistent delivery of quality practice/services throughout the Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Administration, Nursing.
- Three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including clinical informatics, program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with a regulated health care profession.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Understands available resources for practice and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides knowledgeable input into the planning and resources allocation for Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
- Demonstrated Clinical Informatics experience.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving tends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses and Allied Health staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Extensive experience/base in clinical practice document/protocol development and implementation.
- Extensive understanding of Health Professions Act.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.