Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a background with post -basic training and experience in perinatal? We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a real passion for maternity and compassionate patient care to join our Family Birthing Unit.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for perinatal nursing to the role and be part of our fast fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting unit consisting of labour, delivery, recovery and postpartum services.
Build on your career experience by:
- Conducting comprehensive nursing assessments of patients and unborn babies
- Making nursing diagnosis’s of the patient and unborn babies condition, while identifying risk factors and determining appropriate nursing interventions
- Providing education to patients and families with a focus on health promotion regarding the pregnancy condition, the birth experience, postpartum, newborn care and parenting
- Collaborating with members of the inter-professional care team
- Participating in quality improvement and risk management activities
- Acting as a preceptor or mentor to guide the clinical experience of assigned new nursing staff and students all while promoting the philosophy of family centered care, sharing information, demonstrating care activities, and participating in orientation
Your background includes:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Recent 1 year related clinical perinatal nursing experience in the designated clinical area
- Completion of post graduate basic course work and/or certification in perinatal nursing applicable to the designated clinical area
This role is a full-time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province, equal to the size of Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby combined. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Also, despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role.
Take the next step and apply so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Open until filled
$34.83 - $45.73 / hour
Hours of Work