Patient Services Manager
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Vancouver General Hospital
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Patient Services Manager to join the team at the VGH 12th & Oak. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Operations Director, Surgical Services, the Patient Services Manager at Vancouver General Hospital, will be responsible for managing a very complex environment. The Patient Services Manager will manage the Operating Room day to day such as Operating Room scheduling and allocation, optimization of Operating Room time and efficiency. The Manager is responsible for supporting and coordinating business and operational process improvement for the Surgical Programs.
As a Patient Services Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manages Operating Room schedules at Vancouver General Hospital
- Oversees allocation and reallocation of Operating Room time to maximize utilization and efficiency.
- Manages the Operating Room Booking Team in a direct capacity and supervises the Operating Room scheduling work of the booking clerks at Vancouver General Hospital.
- Provides surgical data analysis to support decision-making, reporting, and augment strategies.
- Ensures alignment across the VCH priorities and regional initiatives.
- Supports surgical leadership teams with Operating Room improvement and augment strategies.
- Participates as key member in the surgical services strategic, operational and human resource planning initiatives.
- Leads the team in regular reviews/monitoring performance vs. budget plans, suggests addressing the variances and making recommendations for efficiency and optimization.
- Provides supervision, leadership and guidance of designated staff using effective management techniques such as coaching, mentoring, skill development, and addresses performance management issues, and implements disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Participates in a proactive strategy of delivering a comprehensive case costing system, including supporting program managers with relevant financial information in order to support decision-making relating to opportunities for improved resource utilization.
- Participates in quality improvement and utilization management.
- Maintains an awareness of current surgical trends and issues through literature review, contact with peers at other organizations, attendance at Conferences, Seminars, and Educational programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, collaborate and negotiate for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to promote development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
More search results
Canuck Place Children's Hospice
Nurse Practitioner, Rehabilitation Services
Regional Practice Initiatives Lead, Communicable …
Vancouver Coastal Health
Registered Nurse/Infirmier ou Infimière immatricu…
Vitalité Health Network
Registered Nurse – General Duty (Medical)
Interior Health - 338528