Senior Manager, Clinical Services
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- North Vancouver, BC
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Senior Manager, Clinical Services to join the team at Berkley Care Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Senior Manager, Clinical Services with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Director
- Be accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of health services for a significantly sized clinical program portfolio, encompassing multiple clinical programs/units in co-management with the Medical Managers and Directors.
- Be responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing the overall delivery, planning, implementation and evaluation of acute care programs, providing leadership and direction for the operations management, utilization and risk management, and quality improvement of the clinical programs/units.
- Play a critical role in ensuring the program areas are linked with community health services to address the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and to ensure a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
- Lead a management and inter-disciplinary team, collaborates with other operational and medical leaders and co-workers as well as with key internal and external stakeholders to support the strategic and operational goals of the organization and achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses
- Ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and leaders.
- Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Demonstrated supervision, leadership and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and fostering a respectful, motivating and supportive environment.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with current word processing, spreadsheet, email and database programs and the ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
More search results
Nursing in New Zealand: Now’s Your Time
Auckland District Health Board
Looking for RN/LPNs to join our team to work in R…
Sahara Staffing Solutions
Horizon Health Network
Registered Nurse, Primary Care - Rural Remote Nu…
Northern Health Authority - 296209
Registered Nurser, Med/ER - Rural Remote Nursing …
Northern Health Authority - 296209