Housing & Health Coordinator
HOUSING & HEALTH COORDINATOR
Under the direction of a Regional Director or a Housing & Health Services Manager the incumbent is responsible for implementing the goals of BC Housing, Housing & Health Services. Duties include providing assessment and consultative services for applicants and tenants with complex social and health care needs and/or behavioural problems; providing training programs and critical event stress management defusing services; and liaising with regional and community health authorities, non-profit housing societies and co-operative housing groups. HHCs currently registered as RN or RPN or both may provide direct service delivery to clients participating in BC Housing Semi-Independent Living Programs and provide clinical oversight to the Tenant Support Worker staff.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Eligible to practice nursing in the Province of British Columbia
- Minimum four or five years experience working with persons with psychiatric disorders and complex social and/or health care needs and/or behavioural issues preferably in a community setting.
- Candidates who possess 'Registered Nurse' or 'Registered Practical Nurse' designation's will be preferred
- As a condition of initial and ongoing employment with BC Housing, the incumbent must maintain current registration with the appropriate professional certifying body.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- demonstrated ability to prepare assessment and consultation reports within established time frames
- demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize, and adapt to a changing workload
- demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities
- good working knowledge of medications usually prescribed for common medical conditions
- good knowledge of the signs and symptoms of common psychiatric disorders
- good working knowledge of the use of psychotropic medications including contraindications, precautions, adverse effects and usual dosage and route of administration.
- good knowledge of non-pharmaceutical treatment options for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop positive working relationships with other agencies and service providers
- good knowledge of signs and symptoms of common medical conditions
- good knowledge of substance abuse and the different types of treatment programs for substance abuse
- excellent assessment and problem solving skills
- ability to provide consultation services, crisis intervention and initiate/coordinate referrals to external agencies for services
- broad knowledge of the role of community health resources and other social services
- excellent knowledge and skills in psychosocial rehabilitation principles
- comprehensive knowledge of the different types of mental health and/or addiction housing models
- sound knowledge and experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- experience working with a diverse population i.e. homeless population
- preferably experience in delivering training programs
- preferably experienced in providing critical event stress management defusing services to individuals following a traumatic event
- preferably proficiency in all current MS Office Products and other computer applications
- requires travel and to work periodic evenings; transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the position.For positions outside of the Lower Mainland, extensive travel required.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
Interested Candidate please visit https://bchousing.org
More search results
Regional Manager, Continuing Care (Home Care)
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority - Yellowknife Region
Andrews Senior Care
Home Care Nurse Assessor
Northern Health Authority - 296209
Northern Health Authority - 296209