Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recovery
Kelowna General Hospital has a permanent full time career opportunity available for a Manager, ICU & PARR. Come to Kelowna and join our fun and dynamic team in the Central Okanagan!
The Manager is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient-centered care within a defined clinical area. This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the Intensive Care Unit and Post Anesthetic Recovery Room. The Manager applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area(s). The Manager is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities of the area(s) in accordance with professional standards; and supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
Interior Health offers work-life balance with competitive wages, excellent employee benefits, professional development and educational leave in a larger-than-life landscape and four seasons playground.
Come and join our team…Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing; Master’s Degree in a health related field preferred.
• A minimum of seven to ten years recent, related acute care experience with three years in a management/administrative position.
• Current practicing membership with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
• Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Defines own continuing education needs and maintains competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
More search results
Northern Health Authority - 296209
Registered Nurse * Perinatal - SMH
Fraser Health Inc.
Mental Health Emergency Services Nurse (RN RPN)
Vancouver Coastal Health
Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) - Perioperative S…